Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Corn Starch and Water

Ok. so first let me start out by saying this was the COOLEST PROJECT we have done yet.  Now that being said, Bennett was a bit hesitant about it, Not saying he didn't love it, he did, I just don't think this was his all time favorite. Maybe because it made the coolest texture I have ever felt!!

Once B finally fell asleep, my husband and I stayed up and played with it for like an hour!! (and I think we made more of a mess with it than B did!)

We started with just corn starch. Which alone is kind of a strange feeling, its powdery, but its also, uhh, like squeaky?? Its strange! this whole thing was strange.

Anyways B LOVED this, Nike got involved too, and we had a ball!



Then we added a little water, about a cup, and by a "cup" I mean like a glass of water, like a short tumbler, of water, and things got weird, quickly.

We finally decided to add food coloring, which was way more fun to B than just keeping it white, He did all the color mixing himself!


also I did a little (very little) research on if its actually ok to eat corn starch (I mean, its a food thing, so it is safe, but seriously can you eat a whole jug of it?) basically what I found was "don't eat TOO much or it COULD make you sick, possibly, but were not sure" so this was a good time to introduce "out of your mouth" but I wasn't too worried when he kept eating it (should have had lunch FIRST lol) and he ended up eating, a lot, and not a single issue, poops are good, skin was good, and he was a happy camper all day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment